Thursday, July 5, 2012

Today in Blogworld 7.5.12

I hope you had a blessed 4th of July.  My family and I enjoyed some much needed time off.  It was a great day.

Exchanging Fisticuffs for Gentleness: Doug Wilson on Bloomington.

As one that lives near Bloomington and serves with a pastor that planted a church in Bloomington this one hits fairly close to home.  In case you aren’t aware Doug Wilson gave a talk on homosexuality at Indiana University.  It got ugly.  Wilson remained calm and gentle.  Here he is interviewed by John Starke about the event.  I love his responses. 

Sinners in a Fishbowl

Barnabas Piper knows about being a kid.  Yes, his dad is that Piper guy (not Don, but John).  Here he writes on PK’s living in a fishbowl.  Do me a favor, please.  Read this article, then pray for my kids and for pastors kids all around the world. 

Sinner’s Prayer & The SBC

David Platt has a great explanation of why he doesn’t employ “the sinners prayer” per se but still invites sinners to repentance and faith.  I really wish this wasn’t an issue.  But it is, and Platt gives a reasoned defense of the position that I too hold. 

Warning Signs That You Might Be Drifting From God

Stephen Altrogge lists a few warning signs that you might be drifting away from God.  He gives us 7 signs and 3 things to do about it. 

This is a long one.  I haven’t had a chance to view it yet but I’m excited to do so.  This is the B21 panel from the SBC Annual Meeting.  From reading about the panel I think there are some things you’d really enjoy in this video

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...