Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday’s Ministry Musing: The Bare Minimum Required

This will be a short post.  It is really simply a question.  I hope I have enough readers to still chime in.  If you are a facebook friend please leave your comment here as well as on facebook. 

I am working on something and I need your help.  If my question is not specific enough or it goes in a wrong direction I will try to be more specific.  Here is the question, please discuss. 

What is the bare minimum required for someone to be saved? 

I know that it is probably not a wise practice to try to figure out the “bare minimum required”.  Before being chided by anyone I want to say that in no way am I trying to discover only the little bit that is required for someone to be saved and then move on, I am working on something much larger. 

2 comments:

  1. Very difficult to answer in few words but since you said the minimum I will try and answer in the minimum.

    The best-known verse in the Bible summarizes the required response to this good news: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16). To “believe in” Jesus includes both a wholehearted trust in him for forgiveness of sins and a decision to forsake one's sin or to “repent”: All who truly “repent [or turn from their sins] and believe [in Jesus for the forgiveness of their sins]” will be redeemed (Mark 1:15) and restored to a right relationship with God. To “believe in” Jesus also requires relating to, and putting trust in, Jesus as he truly is—not just a man in ancient history but also a living Savior today who knows our hearts and hears our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
    The bare minimum is what Jesus says it is.
    Your question sounds very legalistic though and I dont like it, maybe Im just taking it wrong but I would say the bare minimum is a changed heart, until that happens nothing else happens am I right? maybe my answer is too broad.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...