Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bitterness & Forgiveness

"Bitterness is the poison we drink hoping that someone else will die."
I believe one of the leading causes of bitterness in our lives is failure to forgive others.

Yes, that person did what he/she should not have.
Yes, it was wrong.
Yes, I was injured in some form/fashion.
Yes, it disrupted my life causing me to go through a season of pain and recovery.

Yet, I too am regularly guilty of doing what I should not do.
Yes, I too have been wrong in the way I've treated others.
Yes, I too have injured others in some form/fashion.
Yes, I too have disrupted the lives of others causing them to go through a season of pain and recovery.

"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."


When Jesus came to earth to die on the Cross, He paid a greater price, suffered a greater punishment, and reached out to me in ways I can never repay to forgive in order to make possible the forgiveness of my sins. How can I not offer the same forgiveness to others that Jesus has given me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...