Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Ouch!

While working on my Wednesday survey over the Book of Psalms, I ran across this sentence in Mark Dever's "The Message of the Old Testament".

Right belief or words, without right behavior has a simple name in the Bible: hypocrisy. Anyone who presents himself as a spiritual or good person and yet lives contrary to God's revealed Word is deluded and deluding. OUCH! That hurts because it hits too close to home. I study hard and deep to make sure I'm presenting the right doctrine in my sermons. Am I equally concerned with the hard, deep discipline to make sure that I am truly practicing what I preach?

May God forgive me when I think I've grown in the faith merely because I have learned more or understand better, but knowledge is all I've gained. Give me the Love which compels me to live what I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...