Wednesday, July 20, 2011

When Lady Wisdom is Mute (Part 1)

Wisdom cries aloud in the street, in the markets she raises her voice; 21 at the head of the noisy streets she cries out; at the entrance of the city gates she speaks…

Lady Wisdom cries out, “Don’t walk next to the prostitutes house”.  I’ll be okay, I’m a believer—Jesus will protect me. 

Lady Wisdom cries out, “Don’t be unequally yoked to an unbeliever”.  I’ll be fine, I’ll share Jesus with him, we’ll be okay. 

Lady Wisdom cries out, “Don’t stay all night at her house”.  We’re strong.  We won’t mess up. 

Lady Wisdom cries out, “Don’t get involved with a girl that has that type of history.”  It will be different with me. 

Lady Wisdom cries out, “You’re going to drift, fade, and your affections will be dull unless you devote time to prayer, reading Scripture, and other disciplines”.  Not me.  I’ve got enough bible knowledge to get me through for awhile.  Besides I’m busy.  I’ll pick it back up later. 

Lady Wisdom cries out, “Don’t forsake meeting with other believers.”  I’m busy.  I have other pretty important things going on now.  I’ll be fine for awhile.  Besides church doesn’t save you—Jesus does. 

Because I have called and you refused to listen, have stretched out my hand and no one has heeded, because you have ignored all my counsel and would have none of my reproof, I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when terror strikes you, and your calamity comes like a whirlwind, when distress and anguish come upon you.  Then they will call upon me, but I will not answer; they will seek me diligently but will not find me.  Because they hated knowledge and did not choose the fear of the LORD, would have none of my counsel and despised all my reproof, therefore they shall eat the fruit of their way, and have their fill of their own devices.   (Proverbs 1:24-31)

I didn’t listen to Lady Wisdom.  Now I find myself eating the rancid fruit of a prideful deafness to her pleas.  So I pray for wisdom. 

“Give me wisdom Lord everything is so confusing right now.  Why is this happening, Lord?  I’m so confused.  Give me clarity, help me to see truth.  I need wisdom for this situation.  What do I do?”

Silence.

 

Yet, Christ is deeper………

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...