Tuesday, July 19, 2011

loving truth

One thing in particular I would pray for; namely, that I may not only be kept from erroneous principles, but may so love the truth as never to keep it back… O Lord, if thou wilt open mine eyes to behold the wonders of thy word, and give me to feel their transforming tendency, then shall the Lord be my God; then let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth, if I shun to declare, to the best of my knowledge, the whole counsel of God.  (Andrew Fuller)

Would that every minister (myself included) frequently had this prayer overflowing from our hearts.  May we love truth so much as to “never keep it back”.  May God grant us the grace to behold the wonders of His word, to humbly tremble, and then to boldly proclaim the whole counsel of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...