Two weeks ago I mentioned that I would try Facebook and Twitter to see which one I liked the best and which one seemed to serve ministry purposes best. The winner by a long shot is Facebook. I do see how twitter can be beneficial and for that reason I will continue using Twitter as well as Facebook. As you may have noticed I worked on integrating my blog with facebook and Twitter; as suggested by Timmy Brister.
Top 5 reasons I choose Facebook over Twitter even though it’s not the sexy decision:
- More of my students and friends are on Facebook instead of Twitter
- I am not “famous” enough to really be able to network on Twitter
- I like being able to carry on a conversation that is more than 140 characters long and without having to use symbols
- I like some of the applications on Facebook
- Facebook is easier to follow than Twitter. I get e-mail sent to me when something pertains to me. Following every tweet on Twitter would be time consuming.
If you have yet to add me as a friend on facebook then do it. If you have yet to add me on Twitter I am @mikeleake.