Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Beauty of Criticism From Both Sides

Tim Keller recently brought forth a few gems from Martin Lloyd-Jones concerning doctrine and living.  This is one particular quote I found challenging and yet refreshing:

It seems to me that we have a right to be fairly happy about ourselves as long as we have criticism from both sides… For myself, as long as I am charged by certain people with being nothing but a Pentecostalist and on the other hand charged by others with being an intellectual, a man who is always preaching doctrine, as long as the two criticisms come, I am very happy. But if one or the other of the two criticisms should ever cease, then, I say, is the time to be careful and to begin to examine the very foundations.

You would be well served to read the entire article

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...