Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Church That Meets My Needs

I'm looking for a church that meets my needs:
My need to serve Christ within a body of diverse believers.
My need to witness to lost people through my words and deeds.
My need to be challenged to grow in Christ under faithful, Biblical preaching.
My need to be encouraged, exhorted, and engaged by believers who are not ashamed of the gospel.
My need to give, to grow, to submit, to help, to learn, and to consider others more important than myself.
My need to be in the church of God's choosing so that I can glorify him and advance his kingdom according to his plans and purposes for my life.
I'm looking for a church that meets my needs.

To the shame of our culture when people are looking for a church that meets their needs, the above statements are rarely (if ever) a part of the equation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...