Thursday, May 2, 2013

Today in Blogworld 05.02.13

3 Things Christians Should Remember About Public Debate

Great piece by Marty Duren. These are three really simple things that Christians need to remember about public debate. “In the days ahead we can either grasp tightly an illusory America that, for the most part, never was, or we can hold tightly the Kingdom Jesus introduced. We may choose one, we may choose the other, but we cannot choose both.”

4 Sermon Types to Avoid

Pretty sure I’ve done all four of these. Oddly enough not the third one while actually being in seminary. I believe that I’ve gotten each of these sermons “out of the way” quite early in my ministry.

6 Continuities Between the Old and New Covenants

Charts like this are really helpful. Andy Naselli always seems to post helpful stuff like this.

Well This is Going to Be Awkward

Tim Challies wonders if our cultural obsession with awkwardness betrays our “greater love for conformity than for uniqueness and that our love is contingent on not embarrassing us.” As one that has been called awkward (and often feels awkward I was both helped and rebuked by this piece).

I haven’t had a chance to check this out yet…but I love the guys from Reach Records. If you’ve got a spare hour check this out and tell me what you think:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...