- 1. To hear as little as possible what is the prejudice of others;
2. To believe nothing of the kind till I am absolutely forced to it;
3. Never to drink into the spirit of one who circulates an ill report;
4. Always to moderate, as far as I can, the unkindness which is expressed toward others;
5. Always to believe, that if the other side were heard, a very different account would be given of the matter.
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Charles Simeon’s “Rules for Himself”
In preparing for a lesson on 1 Corinthians 13 I skipped across this by Charles Simeon out of a Robert Rayburn sermon: