Friday, August 2, 2013

Pray For Your Wife: 31 Day Challenge---Day Two

We had another 200 or so guys sign up yesterday, bringing our total to 1,250. I continue to be amazed at how the Lord is using this little challenge to further His glory and strengthen marriages.

Remember if you are only following the prayer challenge through the blog that you will need to comment on this post, either a prayer of your or a simple statement that says, “done”. This is so we can keep each other accountable.

Day Two: That she would not become weary in doing good

And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. –Galatians 6:9

In preparing our 31 days of prayer, I asked several ladies to give me things that they would love for their husbands to pray for them. One common theme was “that I wouldn’t become weary”. Brothers, our wives battle weariness. The only One that can sustain their weary hearts is the God that does not grow faint or weary (Isaiah 40:28-31). It is this same God that lovingly says to our wives and us to “come to me all you who are weary and heavy-laden and I will give you rest.” Brothers, let’s pray that our wives come to our burden-bearing Savior and find rest.

Lord, we know that you have created us to find rest in you. And we know that our hearts are restless until they find rest in you. I pray that you help my wife to fully rest in you. Rescue her from her weariness and renew her strength. Keep her from becoming weary in doing good. Father, forgive me for any time that I have added to my wife’s weariness and burdens instead of carrying them with and for her. Thank you for the rest that we will someday enjoy. Maranatha!

14 comments:

  1. Father,

    I am asking for bubbling joy and contagious enthusiasm in doing good. LORD that she would not be discouraged when the responses from the benefactors are less than kind, that she would continue to show Christlike love and carry on serving them through your strength. LORD help me to stand by my wife when she needs encouragement to not fail in this commandment.
    I am asking for the mind of Christ in her.
    Amen, in Jesus Name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father, I pray that you would give Lois strength throughout her days. Let her not to become weary in well-doing, but make her weary of sins or other acts that are not worthwhile. Help me to pour into her life effectively so that I am not wearisome to her, but a joy to have as a husband and one who contributes to her energy and rejuvenation so that she continues in strong service to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father,

    I ask in Jesus name, because of his blood and righteousness that has covered me to make me holy and without blemish, that because of him and for your glory You would give Megan strength and endurance to run our race well. God, I ask that the goal of an upward call in Christ would bear heavy in her heart and mind to push her to fight through suffering well. I don't ask for an absence of trial because it is through suffering that we produce character, endurance and a hope that does not put us to shame. I only ask for her faith to be in your promise to us to neither leave nor forsake us. You are good; You are sovereign; You are the only One to be worshiped God. Protect her from ever trusting in anything else that will fail her.

    We love you LORD, Amen

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...