Monday, August 12, 2013

10 Books I Packed For Vacation

This week I will be spending time with my family in Branson, MO*.

My wife and I spent our honeymoon in Branson, and have since went on a couple of vacations there. There is beautiful scenery there and quiet and peace resorts. I’m looking forward to getting away and unplugging. It will look like I am online but for the most part I will not be.

One part of vacation that I am really looking forward to is sitting out on the porch in the morning and spending some time reading a few books that I’ve been wanting to read for awhile. Here are 10 books that I am packing on vacation. (Not sure how many I will even open—but a guy can dream):

  1. The Pastor by Eugene Peterson
  2. A Lifting Up For the Downcast by William Bridge (hope to finish this one)
  3. INsourcing by Randy Pope
  4. Culture of Complaint by Robert Hughes (it’s an old one but intriguing)
  5. Test, train, affirm & send into ministry by Brian Croft (got it at T4G haven’t opened it)
  6. Growth Groups by Colin Marshall
  7. The Scandal of the Evangelical Mind by Mark Noll
  8. Communion with God by John Owen
  9. Revival and Revivalism by Iain Murray
  10. The Pastor’s Justification by Jared Wilson (plan to finish this one)

---

*Yes, that Branson, MO--the place where dreams go to die. I’m kidding, I’m kidding. But seriously, there is so much country music there I may not survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...