This week I will be spending time with my family in Branson, MO*.
My wife and I spent our honeymoon in Branson, and have since went on a couple of vacations there. There is beautiful scenery there and quiet and peace resorts. I’m looking forward to getting away and unplugging. It will look like I am online but for the most part I will not be.
One part of vacation that I am really looking forward to is sitting out on the porch in the morning and spending some time reading a few books that I’ve been wanting to read for awhile. Here are 10 books that I am packing on vacation. (Not sure how many I will even open—but a guy can dream):
- The Pastor by Eugene Peterson
- A Lifting Up For the Downcast by William Bridge (hope to finish this one)
- INsourcing by Randy Pope
- Culture of Complaint by Robert Hughes (it’s an old one but intriguing)
- Test, train, affirm & send into ministry by Brian Croft (got it at T4G haven’t opened it)
- Growth Groups by Colin Marshall
- The Scandal of the Evangelical Mind by Mark Noll
- Communion with God by John Owen
- Revival and Revivalism by Iain Murray
- The Pastor’s Justification by Jared Wilson (plan to finish this one)
*Yes, that Branson, MO--the place where dreams go to die. I’m kidding, I’m kidding. But seriously, there is so much country music there I may not survive.