Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pray For Your Wife: 31 Day Challenge--Day Twenty

Day Twenty: That she would know her calling is high

An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. –Proverbs 31:10

As a stay at home mom, my wife can struggle with feelings of insignificance. Changing diapers, settling arguments, teaching colors and numbers, and playing with children does not seem like that significant of a role. The same probably goes for your wife no matter where the Lord has placed her. Brothers, our wives will struggle with knowing that their calling as a woman (and all the roles that encompasses) is a high calling. Ultimately we know that her significance is found in Jesus Christ alone. Yet we also want our wives to know that their calling is high.

Father, I thank you for my wife. I thank you for all of the significant things that she does that might appear to be insignificant. She is far more precious than jewels. Help her to ultimately find her worth and significance in you. But also help her to know that her calling as a woman is a high calling. May she be found faithful in the roles that you entrust to her. Strengthen her and encourage her to be the woman that you have crafted her to be. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Done... thanks Mike, my sister-in-law I believe is struggling with this very issue. I can only pray for her and her family. Her husband has a VERY important role in this and has to be "prodded"! Again... I not only will continue this challenge for MY wife but also for my in-laws that are struggling. Thanks again Mike for another GREAT challenge day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father, you call all your children to some capacity in proclaiming the gospel of grace in the Kingdom of heaven. I confess feelings of insignificance in the Kingdom of Heaven where my wife and kids are active in ministry throughout the week in taking the gospel to children in local schools. I pray especially for my wife that she not be discouraged by feelings of inadequacy or insignificance and recognize that she has been instrumental in bringing the gospel to hundreds of new believers.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...