Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pray For Your Wife: 31 Day Challenge—Day Seventeen

Day Seventeen: That her faith would increase

The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!"  -Luke 17:5
Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!” –Mark 9:24

I am continually encouraged by the Puritan adage that “a weak faith can lay hold of a strong Christ”. It is interesting that in Luke 17:5 when the apostles ask for an increase in faith that Jesus points them back to faith’s object. The vivacity of faith is not nearly as important as the One that we place our trust upon. Even still the Scriptures would have us grow in our faith as unbelief dwindles before the Lord. Let us pray today that our wives would increase in their faith. That she would trust the Lord and believe that everything God does is ultimately for her good.

Lord, I thank you for being faithful. You are mighty and worthy of every ounce of our trust. I’m very grateful that a weak faith can lay hold of a strong Christ, because Lord there are times when my faith is weak. I know this same thing is true of my wife. Father, would you graciously increase her faith in you today. Blow her away with your goodness and love towards her. Help her to see you and her heart to leap in faith and joy. Lord, my wife believes, help her unbelief.

5 comments:

  1. Done... Again another great challenge for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father, your servant, Paul, instructed us that faith and hope will pass away and love will never end. When we stand before you face-to-face, our faith will be fulfilled. Nevertheless, you have determined that we appropriate our election by faith and that we continue thereafter to work in your name according to the faith that has been given by the Holy Spirit. I thank you that my wife has trusted in Christ by faith and is one of the elect. I thank you that continues to grow in faith as she lives out her life in this world. I pray that you would continue to build her faith such that she should move many mountains in the lives of those she knows being herself fully confident in the Rock on which she is grounded, whose name is Jesus and being a faithful vessel of the Spirit who raised him from the dead who has been given to her as a bond.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...