Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Defending God and The Hardening of Pharoah’s Heart

I am making my way through Dr. James Hamilton’s new book God’s Glory in Salvation Through Judgment.  It’s a great read so far, I look forward to finishing and reviewing it.  One thing that struck me is Hamilton’s treatment of Yahweh’s hardening of Pharoah’s heart. 

As I was reading through this it struck me.  If God is willing to say “I hardened Pharoah’s heart” why do we often shrink from saying that? 

[10:1] Then the LORD said to Moses, “Go in to Pharaoh, for I have hardened his heart and the heart of his servants, that I may show these signs of mine among them, [2] and that you may tell in the hearing of your son and of your grandson how I have dealt harshly with the Egyptians and what signs I have done among them, that you may know that I am the LORD.”
(Exodus 10:1-2 ESV)

Sometimes I think we try to defend God when he doesn’t really seem too worried about defending himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...