Friday, December 31, 2010

Goals for Borrowed Light in 2011

This blog began quite modestly in 2007 as a hopeful venue for the students of First Baptist New London to interact with devotionals.  Within a years time it morphed into something quite different.  I began interacting with other blogs and this blog turned into what it is now: Borrowed Light

From the beginning the goal has been to honor Christ and spread His glory and gospel to all who read.  The blog has continued a steady increase.  I have set goals for myself every year, but never really published them.  For some strange reason I just feel like posting my goals for 2011.
 
Right now according to Feedburner I have an average of 82 subscribers.  Google Reader accounts for 31 of those.  I want to see those numbers by July to be 125 for Feedburner and 50 for Google Reader.  By the end of 2011 I want to see 200 Feedburner subscribers and 100 for Google Reader.  I think it is possible.  That would be gaining a little over 1 subscriber per week. 

I currently get about 150 pageviews per day, which means that on average I get a little over 3,000 pageviews per month.  I want to see those explode as well.  By July I want to see 200 per day and over 5,000 per month.  By the end of the year I want to see 10,000 per month and 350 per day. 

My final goal is to read and review 100 books.  That means 2 per week.  That may seem stupid for a seminary student to attempt but I have to read around 30 books per year for seminary anyways.  It can be done.  Actually 100 is my Rocky goal.  I’ll settle for my Apollo Creed goal of 75 book reviews.

Why am I setting these goals?  One reason is because I want to be a gooder better writer.  And setting these goals will force me to write more, and to write better.  It will also force me to be intentional about getting that which I write into the hands of others.  That will only sharpen my skills as a writer/communicator.


The overarching purpose, though, is that I want to be a better writer/communicator because my mandate is still the same: “to so live, study, preach, and write that Jesus Christ, the crucified and risen God, be the only boast of this generation”. 

You can help me accomplish these goals.  Read what I write.  Link to what I write.  Interact with what I write.  Offer helpful criticism of my writing and this blog.  Spread the beauty of Christ, yourself!

1 comment:

  1. You are one of the goodest writers I know!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...