Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Today in Blogworld 6.27.12

Unity and the Heart of Jesus

I appreciate Dave Miller’s vision for the SBC.  That is one reason that I am proud that he was voted 2nd VP.  Here, Dave, reminds us that Jesus’ heart for the SBC is not only doctrinal fidelity but also unity.  Is central question is this: “Is it possible that in our passion as Southern Baptists to defend the veracity of the Bible we have ignored one of its most powerful teachings?”  I look forward to more from Dave on this topic. 

Take Care How You Listen

A new ebook from John Piper on listening.  Free!  Be sure to gobble this one up. 

The Father Wound

I appreciate this vulnerable piece from Dave Jenkins on the father wound.  This “father wound” is becoming more and more prevalent in our society.  Thankfully, though, the God of the fatherless is still mighty to save.  (HT: Aaron Armstrong)

The Problem with Plagiarism in the Pulpit

Here Justin Taylor quotes D.A. Carson and R.R. Reno on the dangers of plagiarism.  Though there are some sermon websites dedicated to fostering plagiarism I wouldn’t suggest it.  If you must preach another’s sermon give credit where it is due.  I still remember what it did to my heart when I discovered that a preacher that I was listening to had cut and pasted a sermon and made it sound like his own. 

I think there is a sermon illustration in here somewhere:

(HT: 22 Words)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...