Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Praying and Screwdrivers to Your Eyeball

Since I’m taking a minor break this week I thought it would be good to bring a few things out of the archives.  (For some reason you just stopped reading didn’t you?  It’s okay I never read archives either—but because you are probably new to the blog maybe you should keep reading).

--

I understand that my two year old does not quite understand logic; but I still talk to him as if he did.  Tonight he really wanted to play with a very sharp screwdriver-type-thingy (that’s the technical term).  He had found it and wanted to run around with it.  Obviously, Nikki and I were not cool with his new found toy.  So, we took it away from him.  Then the waterworks came.  Then I said something really profound: “Son, I’m not going to let you play with something that is going to potentially kill you no matter how much you whine about it”.  Then I felt as if the Lord communicated to me this:  “Sounds familiar, Mike”.

How often do I keep whining about something that I do not have that would end up killing me.  Often the reason why God does not answer my prayers and respond to my silly crying is because if I got what I wanted I’d end up killing myself.  The Lord is good.  Good father’s don’t let their children play with pointy screwdrivers no matter how much they whine.  And our Father doesn’t idly sit by and let us play with sin no matter how much we whine to get it or keep it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...