Friday, July 13, 2012

Today in Blogworld 7.13.12

The 10 Commandments for Writers

Using the real 10 Commandments as his guide, Jared Wilson applies them to writing.  I’ve broken a number of these.  Thankful that the gospel also covers and sanctifies my writing. 

Real: Owning Your Christian Faith only $2.99

I’ve had the chance to read and review a few of Daniel Darling’s books.  This one looks really interesting.  If memory serves me correct I believe I linked to an excerpt of the book a few days ago.  For those that grew up in church this book looks to be helpful.  And it’s only $2.99 for a limited time. 

10 Things that Are True When I Confess My Sin

Paul Tautges from Counseling One Another provides 10 things that are true whenever we acceptably confess our sin to God.  More is going on than you think when you humbly confess. 

Recalculating: How Study Bibles Can Limit Bible Study

I appreciate Jen Wilkin’s point here about how to use a study Bible the wrong way.  I think for the first few years of my walk with Christ my NIV Study Bible helped at times but also tended to stunt my growth.  What do you think of her perspective, here? 

I’ve finished reading and hope to review R.A. Dickey’s autobiography.  Unless he pitches against the Royals I’m a fan of his and was happy to see him on Letterman:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...