Tuesday, March 26, 2013

12 Ways to Serve Your Readers

This morning I noted that the word platform makes me cringe a little. I shared my philosophy to worry more about loving and serving my reader than building my platform. Here are 12 ways you can love and serve your readers:

  1. Point to Jesus. Always.
  2. Work hard.
  3. Make them laugh.
  4. Write to your audience and not someone else’s.
  5. Don’t take yourself too seriously.
  6. Respond to comments with gentleness and respect.
  7. Don’t provoke them to sin by hosting needless controversy.
  8. Listen to them.
  9. Be vulnerable. If I’m struggling or asking a question someone else probably is too.
  10. Be hospitable. none of this, “it’s my blog home, leave if you don’t like it”.
  11. Quit when you’ve made your point

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...