- Because God has expressely commanded it
- Because the neglect of it is everywhere in Scripture condemned as sin
- Because the Holy Spirit often, through Scripture, told us to "Behold"
- Because without due attention to such things no praise can be rendered to God for them
- Because without meditating on Providence we lose the benefits that were intended for us and others
- Because it is a vile slighting of God not to do so
- Because our prayers will not be suitable to our condition unless we notice the workings of Providence
This chapter is a quick introductory chapter. Flavel sufficiently shows us that it is our duty to meditate upon the Providence of God.
There is not much to discuss in this chapter. I will only sum it up by asking one question. What are specific ways we can obey and disobey this duty?