Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Embracing the Whore

I am listening to Derek Webb right now. Personally, I liked his earlier stuff better, but that is beside the point. Webb has always been a little controversial. Do you remember the whole fiasco about his use of the word "whore" on his amazing song Wedding Dress? "Well I am a whore I do confess, and I put you on just like a wedding dress, and I run down the aisle, to you". Do you remember the ban that some (actually it might have been many) Christian book stores had on Webb's album? Many of you probably have no clue what I am talking about, because you have never heard the CD, because it got pulled from your Christian music store. Here is the point. If you are Abraham Piper and you want only 22 words here it is:

Do you find it ironic that we threw the "prophet" out of our Christian bookstores while embracing the whore that he denounced?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...