Monday, March 17, 2008

Borrowed Light: Today in Blogworld 03/16-19

Nathan White tells a very heart-felt story about his confrontation with a beggar and then asks a very intriguing question.

I am very intrigued by the series that Phil Johnson is beginning on contextualization. This is a very interesting discussion that is going on in the church. It seems to be one of those things that keep coming up in my life. To be honest, I'm leaning towards what Phil is saying here. Read his introduction here.

This one is for bloggers; Timmy Brister provides live-blogging tips.

The John 3:16 Conference continues to cause a stir. Oh, we who adhere to the doctrines of grace ought to brace ourselves for the bunk that is about to come our way. Dr. Galyon has pointed us in the direction of Jerry Choice Grace. All I can say after reading Grace's article, is "wow"...I am out of my "caged"-Calvinist phase. It's okay with me if you aren't Reformed minded. I understand, I was not at one point as well. But, to totally misrepresent and be so vitriolic is neither fitting to a Calvinist or an Arminian. Read Dr. Galyon's article and tell me what you think.

A few weeks ago I mentioned that Tim Keller spoke at the Google HQ. If you get a free hour watch this:
(HT: Buzzard)

3 comments:

  1. Mike, IMO the Phil Johnson post on contextualization is dead-on. I look forward to Phil's message and line of reasoning throughout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,

    For those of us behind the curve, could you explain "contextualization" and how it applies to the Church and/or believers please?

    In Christ,
    Chris
    http://sharpeningiron.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. egads! Nevermind...I see now that his article goes into explaining it. I read through the first part too quickly, thinking he wasn't going to explain it.

    My bad.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...