Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Borrowed Light: Today in Blogworld 01/01

Happy New Year! Not only is this New Year's Day but it is also my Birthday. Not my physical birthday but my spiritual birthday. 8 years ago today the Lord effectually drew me to himself. Actually, if I were to be speaking theologically my actual "new birth-day" probably came some time before January 1st. Nonetheless, January 1st is the day that my eyes were opened to see the beauty of Christ.

There are not many blog posts yet to speak of, so this will be short.

One quote that gripped me this morning was by Ray Ortlund. In his Happy New Year post he encourages us with these words: "Yes, we live in an age of deep darkness. But so did the apostles. They did not moan, 'What's the world coming to?'They shouted, 'Look what's come to the world!'" This serves as a reminder that God is still on His throne. No matter how dark the world gets we must remember--greater is He.

Another great thing to remember this year is this quote by C.J. Mahaney: “If there’s anything in life that we should be passionate about, it’s the gospel. And I don’t mean passionate about sharing it with others. I mean passionate about thinking about it, dwelling on it, rejoicing in it, allowing it to color the way we look at the world. Only one thing can be of first importance to each of us. And only the gospel ought to be.” (HT: Of First Importance)

Timmy Brister posts a completed year in review with all of the statistics for his blog, and links to all of his posts. As I am fairly new to his blog, I find some of the titles quite intriguing and will probably check a few out.

Nathan Busenitz compiles Edwards' resolutions into a Top Ten list. He also reminds us that our resolutions should look more like the God-centered resolves of men like Edwards than the shallow man-centered promises of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...