Saturday, December 1, 2012

Today in Blogworld 12.01.12

Happy December!

The Second Life of Sheff

Checking up on Royals offseason news I noticed somewhere that Gary Sheffield is now an agent. I found that intriguing and so did a little research. I stumbled upon this neat article. It’s a little lengthy but well-written.

Don’t Pastor People with a Book

Short and pointed piece here from Justin Buzzard. What do you think of this article? Personally, I agree that we shouldn’t merely pastor people with a book. But I wonder if Justin might be pitting two friends against one another. What are your thoughts?

The Unlucky Winners

Here is one reason why I don’t play the lottery. It’s horrible if you win.

Purity After Impurity

TGC recently received this comment: “I know from experience that it is quite impossible to remain pure when you date someone whose heart is not longing for Jesus. And as a woman, I made that man my "ultimate joy" for a time and thus, fell into sin. I wish I could take it back. I feel ashamed whenever I think about it. I know that forgiveness is found in Jesus. It still wrecks me when I think about the fact that I will have to tell my future spouse of my past indiscretions and sin. I have confessed my sin to God, but I guess I still have to deal with the fact that I sinned against my future spouse.” Click through to read the response.

In case you ever wondered how Alastair Begg prepares to preach:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...