Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Today in Blogworld 12.18.12

A Dream of Mine: The Insourcing of the Local Church

Tim Brister has a dream. I share his dream. That local churches would stop outsourcing. As he notes, “The Great Commission is to be worked out in the context of the local church, by means of the local church, and for the multiplication of the local church.”

Lamentations

I appreciate this reflection from Jen Hatmaker. “I told God today that I didn’t want to do this anymore. That He couldn’t make me. That telling me to hold a torch of hope was too much to ask…”

Are We a Violent People?

In the aftermath of the Connecticut tragedy people are looking for answers. They are looking for a scapegoat. Trevin Wax thinks we ought to look at ourselves and our cultures thirst for violence.

How Calvinists Should NOT Respond to Newtown

I’ve already heard all three of these (and not always from Calvinists). His three suggestions: 1) don’t make it an us vs them 2) don’t say this was God’s will 3) don’t be too quick to respond theologically. Great word.

I couldn’t stop laughing at this. I don’t know why:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...