Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Today in Blogworld 01.29.13

Principles for Writing Clearly and Coherently

Justin Taylor has summarized the major points of a couple writing books. As a writer I find these types of post very helpful.

Awakening to Every Pleasure

Most of the best-selling Christian books (at least the ones that are decent) have something in common. Dissatisfaction. Tim Challies reminds us “you could follow every application in every one of those books and you would still be discontent. We will all die dissatisfied, still longing for more. But. But those who die in Christ have the great promise that we will awake to all the pleasures, all the satisfaction we have ever longed for, and so much more besides.”

Check Your Motives for Missions

Jennifer Su McIntyre shares about her experience doing missions in Taiwan. Articles like this help us know how to pray.

Confessions from a New Mom’s Devotional Life

“Ever since my son was born, I’ve had to fight guilt off with a stick. And my spiritual life has been no different…” Sharon Hodde Miller reflects on what being a new mom does to her devotional life.

It bothers me that the 90’s are now nostalgic. I guess I’m old now. Nonetheless, I still found this cool:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...