Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Today in Blogworld 01.30.13

How John Piper Responds to Death Threats

Interesting that Piper once had a death threat. There is much in here to learn even if it never comes to a death threat. It’s usually the everyday things of pastoral ministry that confronts our courage.

Brooks, Baseball, and Battles Among Believers

Rut Etheridge III thinks that maybe it is we that are blowing it and not the Puritans: “Errors and excesses notwithstanding, the writings of these bygone worthy servants of the King still serve to shepherd souls toward sincere, active, studied simplicity of faith in the all-sufficient Christ.  And at the end of the day, and for all eternity, isn’t that what pure joy is all about?”

The Freedom of Being a Nobody

I’m sensing a trend. There have been many articles recently about resting in obscurity. (Maybe this is just something the Lord is doing in my life and I”m just noticing it more). Stephen Altrogge is celebrating the freedom of being a nobody. I appreciated his reminder.

Only Once in About 30 Days

I’m not very good at personal evangelism. It’s good to know that I’m not alone in my struggle. But I’m also encouraged by Thabiti Anyabwile to press on and get better.

I want to meet this dude:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...