Saturday, August 18, 2012

Today in Blogworld 8.18.12

Church Facilities: Holiness and Hospitality

This is really interesting to me because we too are continuously thinking through how we can be a community resource.  I think it’s cool that churches are beginning to think of their buildings/space in less possessive terms.

6 Reasons Why Mormons Are Beating Evangelicals in Church Growth

Mormons are growing.  According to many studies the evangelical church isn’t.  David French gives six reasons why that is the case.

Page Names Advisory Team on Calvinism

This is huge news in the SBC.  Dave Miller seems to like the formed committee.  Tim Brister isn’t as excited.  I’m still thinking and waiting to see what comes from it.

The Baptist Catechism w/Commentary from John Piper

I really want to begin taking my children through this.  I’d love to see this in print instead of PDF.  I know it sounds silly but I think I’d be more apt to keep it handy if it came in some sort of spiral binding or something.  Here’s a thought…print it out, buy a binder, make it into a “book”. 

This looks like something my friend Mike would build for his kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...