Thursday, August 2, 2012

Wrestling and Genuine Trust

I’m reading through The Wounded Heart by Dan Allender.  I’m finally on the section of the book that provides steps for growth and shines the light on redemption in Jesus.  I found this statement really helpful and wanted to share it with you:

It is frighteningly easy to appear trusting when in fact one is simply dead (in denial of wounds, hunger, or struggle of the heart)…Genuine trust involves allowing another to matter and have an impact in our lives.  For that reason, many who hate and do battle with God trust Him more deeply than those whose complacent faith permits an abstract and motionless stance before Him.  Those who trust God most are those whose faith permits them to risk wrestling with Him over the deepest questions of life.  Good hearts are captured in a divine wrestling match; fearful, doubting hearts stay clear of the mat.

I’m very grateful for a God that doggedly pursues me even when everything within me is screaming out “leave me alone”!  He’s too good to do that, and I’m grateful. 

--

On a side note if you have ever experienced abuse or have loved ones in your life that have then Dan Allender’s book The Wounded Heart: Hope for Adult Victims of Childhood Sexual Abuse is a good read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...