Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Website: From the Pen of Newton

I am excited to announce a new project that I have been working on over my Christmas break and will be launching on January 1, 2011.  It is my goal in 2011 to post every day a poem, letter, etc. from the pen of John Newton accompanied with a helpful reflection. 

You can check out the new website at http://thepenofnewton.blogspot.com/

On top of this project I am actually involved in a rather lengthy research project on the life of John Newton.  I am looking at the life and ministry of John Newton and attempting to analyze his soul-care practice.  I hope to see the way that he ministered to such folk as William Cowper, John Ryland, Wilberforce, and many others.  I hope to take these reflections and make them available for contemporary pastors. 

If anyone is excited about the life of John Newton and would like to join me in this work please send me an email or leave a comment with your email address so we can begin chatting. 

For all of my readers at Borrowed Light, have no fear, I will continue posting here with about the same frequency.  But be certain to add the new site to your blog roll.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great project, Mike. I'm adding the new site to my reader.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...