Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Today in Blogworld 1.11.11

Wonderful parenting advice from Paul Tripp.  Kind of reminds me of sage advice from one of my professors—“sometimes we should just chill out as parents”. 

In my opinion Kevin DeYoung is one of the best writers in our day.  His response to the Tucson Tragedy is phenomenal. 

Thom Rainer offers 7 Signs of Hope for Churches in 2011.  Read Part 1 and Part 2.

(HT: DeYoung)

Ray Ortlund encourages us towards Impudent Praying

Tim Keller discusses revival.

I can’t remember if I posted this the other day or not.  If I didn’t you should know that the new 9Marks E-journal is available

Today is John Piper’s birthday.  In honor of that the DG Staff has compiled 65 reasons they are thankful to God for Piper.  Some may think this borders on idolatry.  And honestly I think many can have an unhealthy attachment to Piper (and many other pastors).  But as a pastor myself, a list like this is one of the best ways to encourage your pastor.  I know from experience that things like this will strengthen the pastor’s soul in really dark times.

(HT: 22 Words)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...