Monday, January 3, 2011

Today in Blogworld 1.3.11

Apparently Tenth Presbyterian has asked the former lead singer of Oasis, Liam Gallagher to be their pastor.  Or maybe its another Liam Goligher

Thabiti Anyabwile is a complimentarian, but…

Wise words from Dr. Mohler on How Not to Fight Atheism.

Yesterday I juxtaposed poems from Cowper and Newton.  It’s quite interesting to see how these two men dealt with the same text.  Be sure to subscribe to the new site.

The Blazing Center and Derek Webb

Chinese hurdles

(HT: DeYoung)

A great beginning of the year reminder from Justin Buzzard:  Jesus is Bigger
I really wish I couldn’t identify with these gritty words from C. Michael Patton:
…my belief has become less innocent. I have begun to question things that I would never question. I manipulate the words of the Lord and filter them through my bitterness and fear. I don’t answer the phone of people in need because I don’t believe that God is going to do anything. I walk with shaky hands because I don’t know what is around the corner and I don’t really trust him. Most of all, I justify all these things, thinking somewhere in the back of my mind, “It’s okay. I deserve this.”  Check out the whole article…
Since many of us have perhaps already broken our New Year’s Resolutions, you might find this from Dane Ortlund helpful.

Mangini has been fired by the Browns.  I’m actually a little saddened.  Many are thinking Holmgren will step up to coach.  Not sure about my feelings on this yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...