Monday, October 8, 2012

Today in Blogworld 10.08.12

When We Allow Talking to Replace Listening

This is a selection from Dave Kraft’s new book Mistakes Leaders Make.  We all need to listen to this one. 

God is Not Working For Our Comfort (But Something Far Better)

With a little help from Timothy Lane and Paul Tripp, Mark Altrogge reflects on God’s work in our lives.  It’s not about our comfort it is about our growth.  This was something I needed to read today.

If You Think You’ve Arrived

I am really benefiting from these posts from Paul Tripp on pastoral ministry.  I think that they might be selections from his book Dangerous Calling (which I’m going to purchase very soon).  If you are a pastor you need to read this.  Even if you aren’t a pastor I think there is application for you.

Why New Churches Should Sing Old Songs

I haven’t had the chance yet to listen to Stephen Miller’s album of hymns.  But I want to, especially after reading this article.  One of my favorite things is to sing old songs set to newer (and often times more fitting) music. 

Who knew you could rock a cello?  Apparently these guys.  And their faces are classic:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...