Thursday, October 18, 2012

Today in Blogworld 10.18.12

Should Leaders Create Controversy

Aaron Armstrong offers a partial response to an article by Steven Furtick.  Should leaders create controversy?  Interesting question.  I appreciate Aaron’s thoughts here.

The Psychology of Resentment

I preached on this a little last night.  Great article by Dane Ortlund on identifying the cause of resentment and soaking up realities to conquer it.

John Piper Will Vote

A few people have written articles on why they will not vote.  Others have written articles on why you must.  I appreciate Piper’s words here.

How Much Discipleship Ought We Do BEFORE Baptism

This is not a response per se to my article on baptism.  However, it is part of the discussion that has been taking place at SBC Voices and a few other places.  Dave Miller makes a compelling biblical case for baptism upon profession.  At the end of the day I think we are arguing much the same thing.

Nobody Dies Early:

1 comment:

  1. I have been thinking on and writing on this topic for a long time, but your article here was the impeller for mine.

    And, yes, it is my impression that our views are very similar.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...